Getting pregnant after 40 is possible for many women
The team at Ovation Fertility™ Donor Services knows that getting pregnant after 40 is not always easy, but it is possible. Our expert staff supports many hopeful mothers of advanced maternal age in achieving a healthy pregnancy after 40 by using a combination of collaborative medicine, individualized care, and in many cases, high-quality donor eggs.
Why getting pregnant after 40 can be challenging
Many factors affect pregnancy after 40.
- Decreased egg quality and quantity. A woman’s egg quality and quantity begin to decline in her 30s, and significantly drop after age 37. When a woman reaches 40, she has less than a 5% chance of conceiving each cycle.
- Chromosomal abnormalities. Another reason getting pregnant after 40 can be a struggle is because there is a higher chance that the woman’s eggs will have chromosomal abnormalities. This may cause the hopeful mother to develop aneuploid embryos, which means they have too many, or too few, chromosomes. Aneuploid embryos rarely result in a pregnancy, or can lead to a miscarriage.
The Ovation Fertility Donor Services specialists can help hopeful parents discover why they’re having trouble getting pregnant after 40, and help them move past their barriers to parenthood.
Egg donation can help
While some hopeful mothers over the age of 40 can develop a pregnancy with the support of IVF, or other fertility treatments, egg donation often offers the highest rate of success. At Ovation Fertility Donor Services, we provide a leading-edge egg donor program, with a euploid embryo guarantee®, that gives hopeful parents the best chance of taking home a healthy baby.
- Premium donor eggs. Getting pregnant after 40 can be much easier with the help of our high-quality donor eggs. The women in our extensive egg donor database have been carefully vetted to ensure that only the best candidates become donors. All donors go through comprehensive medical, legal and psychological counseling, in addition to thorough screening for genetic, psychological and physical health abnormalities, and sexually transmitted diseases.
- Preimplantation genetic screening (PGS). Once the donor eggs have been retrieved and fertilized, our team will perform a trophectoderm embryo biopsy on the resulting embryos to determine which are euploid, or chromosomally normal.
- Euploid embryo guarantee®. To give hopeful mothers the best chance of getting pregnant after 40, we guarantee that our donors will deliver one or two euploid embryos, depending on the plan chosen. If the selected donor does not produce the guaranteed number of euploid embryos, the hopeful parents can choose another Ovation Fertility donor free of charge until they receive one or two euploid embryos. To qualify for the guarantee, the male partner must be able to produce normal sperm.
Our team understands the struggles of infertility and prides ourselves on offering customized and compassionate care to every hopeful parent we have the privilege of supporting.
Contact us for more information about getting pregnant after 40.