Our egg donor qualifications allow us to select the highest-quality donors
Ovation® Donor Services’ egg donor qualifications help us to ensure that you’re a good candidate for egg donation. Meeting these qualifications is an important first step when considering becoming an egg donor, as these qualifications are initial indicators that you will be able to provide hopeful parents with eggs that can result in euploid, or chromosomally normal, embryos.
Before applying to become an egg donor, look over our egg donor qualifications
These qualifications have been carefully created by our expert team to ensure all donors we select have the best possible chance of helping to create euploid embryos.
- Women between the ages of 21 and 28. Age affects the viability of a woman’s eggs, and most women are at the peak of fertility between the ages of 21 and 28.
- Normal BMI. Donors must be in the normal weight range for their height. A healthy body mass index falls between 18.5 and 24.9. (Here’s a BMI calculator.)
- Healthy personal and family medical history. A donor’s genetics, and certain health conditions experienced by her or her biological family, affect her ability to donate her eggs.
- Commitment and reliability. Egg donation is an incredibly rewarding process that requires donors to be responsible and proactive.
- Healthy lifestyle. Donors should lead a healthy lifestyle free of smoking, drugs and heavy alcohol use.
If you have any questions about our egg donor qualifications, our Ovation Donor Services egg donor coordinators are happy to assist you.
Next steps after you ensure you meet our criteria
If you meet the above criteria, you’re ready for the exciting next steps to become an egg donor.
- Apply to become an Ovation Donor Services egg donor here.
- After we have reviewed your application, we will be in touch.
- If you meet our egg donor qualifications and are accepted as an egg donor, we will have you complete a thorough profile, which provides information about your family, medical and educational background. In addition, we will request childhood and current photos.
- When your profile is complete, you will be added to our donor database.
- Once you have been selected by hopeful parents, you will begin your egg donation cycle quickly.
We’re excited that you’ve chosen to provide the priceless gift of helping hopeful parents grow their family.
Contact us for more information about our egg donor qualifications.